1.5 years abroad working at summer camp in the U.S. and in London, coming home and following her true desires.
Aimee is a Life Coach, Equine Assisted Learning Facilitator, Speaker, Sacred Space holder and super passionate about the power of working with horses.
Aimee took off to work at a Summer Camp in the United States. She then travelled to London and returned to the States for another summer. Upon returning home she found her partner, her passion and started a new life.
Aimee is now an Intuition & Embodiment Coach who encourages women to listen to their inner voice, unblock their fears, and pursue the things that are calling to them from deep within.
When coming home...
- Emotions Aimee faced - Unsure if she should continue travelling. Felt like the time to go home. Strange, like she had not been away. Things were the same. It felt good to be home but also felt mundane. Aimee felt lost.
- What had changed - Nothing had changed! Had a better sense of self. Tried to recreate the travelling vibe by moving to the snow.
- Biggest stress - No clear career path, no money or savings.
- How Aimee supported herself - Starting with what she knew and went back to hospitality work.
- How did her mindset change - Positive mindset and being able to rely on herself.
- 3 Lessons learned from travel and reverse culture shock
- Trust yourself
- I had inner strength that I could use and rely on.
- I was capable
- Advise to herself for returning home - Not much as there is so much learning on the journey. It will all be ok. Trust your passions and what lights you up, dont just do whats expected.