Six months in Africa to sea kayaking 1000km around Europe and now studying and consulting remotely from Iceland.
Nikola Dóžová is a lover great coffee, ultra marathon runs, books and nature. But most of all she love to do things in a different way.
Nikola travelled solo around Kenya for six months, paddled 1000 Kilometres in a sea kayak, went to walk the Pyrenees and many many other adventures. Right now she is in Iceland finishing my master degree in digital marketing and is a passionate adventure and travel blogger.
When coming home...
- Emotions Nikola faced - Very sad and was very lost at home and was crying all the time. Felt very alone.
- What had changed - Not easy to find a job. Difficult to make money. Lost many friends.
- Biggest stress - Society.
- How Nikola supported herself - Implemented things from the new culture she experienced. Cooking and listening to music. Visiting old places. Spend time on her own and putting two cultures together. Getting back into sports.
- How did her mindset change - Very tough as in Africa there is time for everything. Felt more happy and free. 'Pole Pole' just slow down and take it easy. I was relaxed and happy and loved myself.
- 3 Lessons learned from travel and reverse culture shock
- Everything has its limits and its different in different cultures.
- Being kind, help people and smile, it will come back to you.
- Its very important to be a bit wild but also be humble.
- Advise to herself for returning home - Make time for myself to put together my thoughts and leasons.