Instead of buying house Sarah and Zach bought an RV and moved in full time to travel the US
About Sarah and Zach
Sarah and Zach work from anywhere (remote information security consultants) with their 2-year-old Yorkie. They love all things travel. Their podcast Thinking Liberty seeks ways to encourage others to get out there and explore.
Sarah and Zach lived in an RV travelling the US for 2 years. They spent two months in South America, with their dog, working remotely and then vacationing in Patagonia. Exploring new cities and state parks was a highlight. They believe there is something so freeing about knowing that you could just pick up and move somewhere new at any time.
When coming home...
- Emotions and differences Sarah and Zach faced - Realisations of all the family and friend 'life' events that they had missed whilst they were away. Peoples lives had gone on and they had missed part of it.
- Biggest stress Sarah and Zach encountered - Fear of missing out on things happening at home but also when returning home what they were missing when not travelling.
- How Sarah and Zach supported themselves - They had each other and felt blessed that they will be able to lean on each other during this transition.
- How Sarah and Zach's mindset changed after their travels - More mindful of whats really important (physically), what adds value and what will matter to them in years from now.
- 3 Lessons learned from travel and reverse culture shock
- Experience over material things - the more you experience the more you value.
- Make the most of your time.
- Open to learning new skills such as languages and fixing and maintaining the RV.
- Advise to themselves when returning home - Be more open, make the most of your experiances and dont fear missing out.
- Thinking Liberty podcast website: thinkingliberty.com
- Facebook: Thinking Liberty
- My interview on the Thinking Liberty podcast (Ep 027 Creating a life of travel with Abby Lewtas)