Living and working in Spain, following love back home to Australia, moving to Shanghai and back to Australia again.
Dylan Bennett was born in Darwin, Australia he has a passion for languages and an addiction to culture shock. He graduated as a teacher because it gave him the best chance possible to travel, have since taught in Indonesia, Spain and China.
After finishing university in Lombok Indonesia and after a year teaching in Australia, spent the next 5 years moving every year; Murcia, Madrid, Darwin, Shanghai and now currently in Melbourne.
When coming home...
- Emotions Dylan faced - saw that there were parts his country/culture was not as great as he remembered. "took of the rose coloured glasses!" Felt bored.
- Biggest Stress - Pressure to meet to social norms, feeling like an outsider in his friendship group.
- How Dylan supported himself - Focusing on the next exciting chapter and getting back into a good routine.
- How did his mindset change - Over emphasise the closing off of his adventure.
- Lessons learned from travel and reverse culture shock
- The world in bigger than your home country.
- Getting past the surface level of countries when you immerse yourself by living in that country.
- Advise to himself for returning home - Dont get so caught up in "not fitting in anymore." There are groups of other people that you WILL relate to.