Travelling to over 100 countries, Mike has been able to create a life exactly how he imagined.
Today on the show, I am speaking with Michael Huxley. He is the founder of Bemused Backpacker a UK travel blog he has spent several years abroad travelling to over 100 different countries.
He is a published author, a qualified nurse and a world adventure.
When coming home...
- Emotions Mike faced - Alienated and like he didn't fit in.
- What had changed - He didn't related to his friends anymore. He didn't want to follow the same path that most of society does.
- Biggest Stress - The pressure to conform and settle down, especially from his parents.
- How Mike supported himself - Thinking about the end game and what he really wanted and then started working towards that.
- How did his mindset change - Selfish and focused on what he wanted to do.
- 3 Lessons learned from travel and reverse culture shock
- You can have it all - you can have both a career and travel the world.
- Wherever you go - people are the same, everyone wants the same thing.
- The world is an amazing, safe and easy place to travel. Let go of the negativity that others portray.
- Advise to himself for returning home - Always remeber that buying a plane ticket is very easy and there is always another place to travel to.