Meeting amazing people on a 2 year bike adventure.
Megan Wycklendt is a 28 year old adventure seeker who recently made the shift from a life as a nomad bicycle traveler and travel guide to a school counselor in Wisconsin, USA.
In 2015 she began life as a full-time traveler when she embarked on a bicycle tour from Alaska to the bottom tip of Argentina. After roughly 2 years on the bike, Megan and her friend Gordon reached their destination and Megan continued the adventure life working as a travel guide in the Indian Himalayas.
Content in the nomadic lifestyle, Megan was contacted by an old friend about a job back home in Wisconsin. Although reluctant to leave the traveling lifestyle, she couldn't let the opportunity pass by so she packed my backpack and moved back to Wisconsin where she is currently living and working.
When coming home...
- Emotions Megan faced - Excitement, Mixed emotions.
- What had changed - Her identity.
- Biggest stress - The difference of lifestyle.
- How Megan supported herself - Self compassion and setting small weekly attainable goals.
- How did her mindset change - Continued to lean into Meditation.
- 3 Lessons learned from travel and reverse culture shock.
- People are good.
- I am resourceful.
- Go with the flow.
- Advise to herself for returning home - Not to lose focus on her main source of energy.